Lead Automation Test Engineer
Sandy Hook, CT
Overview: POWWR is a leading provider of cloud-based software and technology solutions designed to improve efficiency and increase productivity for the B2B energy market in the US and the UK. POWWR helps energy suppliers and brokers sell and manage energy more efficiently by providing advanced platforms and simple solutions for both suppliers and brokers. In fact, we provide the only end-to-end connected journey for energy sales.
Background to Requirement
POWWR is at an incredibly exciting time in its evolution and although the company is small, we are incredibly ambitious. The continued growth and appetite to add value means the business is seeking to expand its Technology team to continuously develop cutting edge, market leading solutions.
As the company continues into the next phase of significant global growth, the Technology team will be tasked with ensuring the products can scale, continuously evolve, provide improved support, and grow with the business.
Summary of Requirements
To support these initiatives we are looking for a results oriented Lead Automation Test Engineer with strong background in team building, planning, deployment, testing, analysis and escalation support. This individual will be highly driven and self-motivated, with a proven track record of quality, innovation and collaboration.
Responsible for leading large scale QA projects that span multiple POWWR components (including test planning, execution and automation development) that may involve large numbers of other engineers. Uses metrics to measure and improve the quality of testing. The ideal candidate will posess the skills for developing and implementing test strategies, automation processes and validation strategies that follow best practices and quality methodologies to support development and release of business critical and cloud hosted software. This individual should be capable of working with other members to train, mentor and motivate a cross-functional team and should posess strong leadership, negotiating and communication skills.
Role & Responsibilities
- Creating test framework from scratch using open-source code/tools (C#, Selenium WebDriver, NUnit, MSTest, Testcafe).
- Writing and executing automated tests using open-source tools/frameworks (SpecFlow, TypeScript) in BDD/TDD and selenium grid.
- Work with CI/CD system Azure DevOps
- Familiarity with sonarCube and other static source code analysis tools
- Preferred experience with TestCafe which runs on the Node.js
- Having good Knowledge of API Testing (Rest, Postman)
- Experience in Regression Testing, Functional testing, smoke testing, Bug tracking, and defect management.
- Develop and implement test plan, test cases and test metrics.
- Software testing in an Agile (Scrum) software development environment.
- Embrace Scrum methodology and practices, and actively participate in team discussion, decisions, and continuous improvement.
- Support and deploy builds in various QA environments with attention to detail about various settings and configurations.
- Perform all aspects of verification, including functional testing, regression testing, and bug fix verification.
- Understand the automation concepts, evaluate automation requirements, needs, and participates in automation tool selection process.
- Provide mentoring to other team members within the engineering organization with respect to the automation and performance.
- Participate in daily scrum calls.
- Put forward accurate time estimates of work to be done on a project
- Provide information to technical documentation (i.e. Product Release Notes/Readme files)
- Review product documentation (Documentation/Getting Started Guides) for technical accuracy
- Work with development and product management teams to understand assigned modules/new product features for developing test cases
- Provide test automation, test planning, triage, isolation, and troubleshooting
- Successful history of implementing automated functional and regression-based test frameworks utilizing tools such as:
- Performance testing experience with performance testing tools.
- Strong knowledge of database interface and SQL.
- Experience with XML, HTML & Regular Expressions.
- Strong understanding of automated testing for web-based API such as Rest and web services.
- Experience with server-side/back-end automation and automating web-services.
- Experience with tools such as web monitoring, code coverage, memory tools.
- Experience working with Node.js, Ember.js software stack, including white-box and UI testing.
- Experience with scalable automation development using docker, clusters and virtual machines/vagrant systems.
- Familiarize themselves with new technology, automated testing tools, etc. to maintain an awareness of technological advances.
- Excellent understanding of Object-Oriented design, implementation in C#
- Lead the planning, test plan development, test execution and automation development for mid to large-size features.
- Size, plan, schedule and execute test programs which cover complete products or a series of product releases.
- Communicate with cross functional program teams as part of a shared responsibility for total product quality.
- Participate in the design spec reviews to understand design, contribute quality requirements and ensure testability
- Mentor, train, develop and serve as a knowledge resource to less experienced QA engineers.
- Assist developers, architects, and support services in researching or solving complex application issues.
- Collaborate with Development to effectively analyse and isolate complex system level problems which extend past the reach of the product under test and include external software or hardware systems.
- Implemented SDLC System Development/Testing Life Cycle for the ongoing projects
- Performed data integrity testing in databases such as SQL
- Managing all test resources and activities on a day-to-day basis ensuring efficient use of time and resource.
- Perform Functional, system, Integration and Regression testing on the application.
- Create Regression test set and identify test scripts for Regression testing
- Strong analytical skills, easily adapt to new tools, techniques, and approaches
- Excellent communication skills and ability to manage a range of stakeholders.
- Experience of working in a high growth, private equity backed technology business.
- Time management with the ability to manage a busy workload with the ability to prioritize important tasks.
Skills & Experiences
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Computer Science or related field preferred.
- As a minimum a formal qualification or degree in an IT related discipline
- Experience in a senior position within an international technology (software and services) company of comparable scale
- Experience of having worked in an Agile software development capacity
Location and package
This role will be based is US based with a preference for East Coast location. Remote working is in place with occasional travel to the Connecticut head office or other locations as required. The package will consist of competitive base salary and performance related bonus.